About Hudson Montessori School
Hudson Montessori School offers a rich, multi-dimensional Montessori program that emphasizes hands-on, experiential learning. Our staff includes highly educated teachers, whose focus is on cultivating critical thinking skills, making connections to real life settings while developing a child’s self-confidence, self-esteem, patience and respect for others and self. We accept everyone for who they are and encourage each child to think beyond the obvious. Our mission is to create independent thinkers who apply their knowledge to real-life settings and grow into responsible, compassionate citizens of the world.
Assistant Teacher Responsibilities
- Understand and apply Montessori philosophy.
- Assist the teacher in planning and providing activities. Take charge of the classroom when the lead teacher is not present.
- Help set up materials and activities. Go over class lessons with the teacher.
- Deliver lesson plans in the absence of the lead teacher and prepare needed materials.
- Give individual lessons; Help children in handling the materials or finishing a task.
- Help to maintain permanent and up-to-date summary records concerning the general evaluation and progress of each child.
- File written accident reports with a copy for children’s files.
- Greet and escort children as they arrive and depart from school.
- Understand and be ready to carry out prepared lesson plans in the event of teacher absence.
- Help with the upkeep and maintenance of the environment.
- File brief reports on off-site observations or training.
- Help set up the classroom at the beginning of the year and close it for summer at the end.
- Attend all school functions, including, but not limited to in-service and on-site workshops, open houses, and programs involving children, fundraising events, or as deemed necessary by the School Director and/or Lead Teacher.
- Attend any required staff meetings and recommended training programs.
- Commensurate with school policy; use appropriate, positive discipline consistently.
Assistant Teacher Minimum Requirements
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a classroom setting
- Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited college
- Demonstrated knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Updated physical, PPD
- Proficient computer skills
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and able to walk, squat, sit on floor, see, hear, and speak with children to ensure children’s health and safety
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- First Aid and CPR certification
Hudson Montessori School offers a competitive salary and benefits package including a medical, vision, dental and retirement plan.
Hudson Montessori School is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should email their resumes and cover letters to Ms. Vanessa at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Assistant Teacher in the subject line.